Halloween doesn’t have to be all about refined sugar. Check out these delicious treats we made with certified organic fruit from our beautiful produce department.
GREEN APPLE MONSTER BITES
Recipe serves 4
- 1 organic apple
- 8 organic grapes or berries
- 1 organic strawberry
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (or sunflower seeds)
- 4 toothpicks (cut in half)
- Nut butter or jam (optional)
1. Slice wide halves off each side of your apple
2. Cut each half in 2 pieces.
3. Cut 2 slits into each apple to remove a thick wedge.
4. Remove green from strawberry and slice thin
5. Push in slivered almonds for teeth
6. Insert toothpicks in the backside of the apple
7. Insert the strawberry “tongue”
8. Add grapes or berries for eyes. That's it!
If desired… before inserting the strawberry tongue, you can fill the mouth with your favorite nut butter or jam for an extra spooky (and delicious) effect. Happy eating!
NOTE: Be sure to remove the toothpicks under the eyes before serving to younger children.
Happy and healthy Halloween eating for the little monsters at your dinner table!
Have a question? Give us a call: Manchester, NH 603-668-2650 | Newport, RI 401-846-8137
A Market is open every day from 8 am - 8 pm
125 Loring Street, Manchester, NH | 181 Bellevue Avenue Newport, RI
Helping families live healthy since 1970
Did you know our produce is 100% Certified Organic and we have a wide selection from local farms?